I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, April 14, 2008

I can't even gloat

So Johan Santana gives up some bombs to the Brewers and gets booed of the field by the ever so classy Mets fans. Normally I'd be all over this, but events in Washington have tempered my schadenfreude.

In his start against the Nats, Tom Glavine was having one of his "completely implode in the 1st inning" moments (and he was having them looooooong before last September) when his hammy decided to implode as well. Jeff Bennett gave up three more runs of his own and the Braves left the bases loaded in the 9th to lose yet another game by one stinking run. Now Glavine's day to day, we're two games under .500 and off to Miami to face the division leading Marlins. Yes, I said division leading. Thankfully there is an off day to regroup today.

The story that pissed me off the most this weekend though was all the hullabaloo over the guy who buried the Sox jersey under the new Yankee Stadium. I don't even care about the prank (which seemed like a pre-planned scheme to get more attention on this weekend's series to me), the fact that uptight Yankee suits are now trying to file criminal charges against the guy really makes me mad. That's great Yankees, let's throw some working slob in the clink because he hurt your Billion Dollar stadium. Asshat Hank needs to get over himself and go take a dump in the Fenway press box and just call it even.

Now I'm all angried up on a Monday morning. I'll get in a happy place by posting an autograph of the guy who ran Johan yesterday.

Welcome back Kapler! Four homers so far this season!

3 comments:

Dinged Corners said...

Mets fans are frustrated and edgy (a familiar condition) and Johan gave them a chance to express themselves. Was it boorish behavior? Well...guilty.

Chris Harris said...

Welcome back Kapler. Ha!

I wonder if Gabe Kaplan and Gabe Kapler ever get mistaken for each other?

the sewingmachineguy said...

'asshat' makes me smile. i hate both of those damn east coast teams.