I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mini Mall pt. 6 - Cheap Masterpieces

I've already got the complete base set for 2008 Masterpieces, but that doesn't mean I'm above picking up a good inexpensive SP here and there. I found not only two short prints that I didn't have at the flea market, but two that I really, really wanted. Found 'em cheap too!

2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces #110 Yogi Berra

75% off box + $3.00 sticker = 75 cents for Yogi. I might even have this one already, but who cares, it's Yogi. If there's one person I wouldn't mind having a Sandy Alomar Jr.-like pile of doubles of, it's the Zen master. Actually, with this card I can probably just put this set to rest. I for the Spahn and Yogi Short Prints, I'm not sure if there's any more I have to have.

2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces #114 Willie Stargell

This one is just ridiculous. I found this baby in the 2008 base card box. The one marked a dime each. I got Pops for a dime! How is that possible? That's the cool thing with short prints, every so often you find one where it shouldn't be and get a deal on it. Same thing happened with my Dave Winfield SP. you start to think that us card nerds are the only people who actually pay attention to this stuff.

1 comment:

Doc said...

I once found a 71 Topps Bert Blyleven rookie at an Alleghan, Michigan flea market for 25 cents.

And this was back in the early 90s when "prices", ahem, were sky high.

Nice finds, yet, I'm so out of the current collection loop, I have no idea what a UD masterpiece is...