I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Stuff inna mail: part 3.1: Packs from the Frozen North

I got a package covered in customs forms and Canadian stamps yesterday. It was from Ernest of Canada who offered to send me some interesting stuff. THAT IT WAS. There was a pack of complete randomness (and I mean complete randomness) and also another pouch of four unopened packs. Here are three of them, the fourth is being saved for a video rip.

2008-2009 NHL LNH Panini Hockey stickers

Since Panini is now officially selling card in the US (the first Prestige pack I saw at Target with the Panini logo unnerved me greatly) it's appropriate that I now have a packet of stickers to bust. One net thing about these is that they are pretty huge for stickers. Almost the size of 1975 Topps mini cards. Maybe this will help me sort out my hockey crisis.

2008-2009 Panini FUTEBOL stickers


Well these are obviously soccer- uh, football... uh futebol stickers. Is there futebol in Canadia? I'm clueless. Watching the FIFA Fed Cup games this past weekend I learned two things: watching real quality international footsieball is awesome, and I know bugger all about how the sport works. For example: The Pursuit of 80'sness sent me a bunch of sticker packets and I planned to save them until some big soccer thing was going on. Then I blew it and remembered them in the second half of the US-Brazil match. I'm going to get my act together and post 'em all this month.

1986 O-Pee-Chee

O-Pee-Chee is all the rage right now and I'm sort of jonesing for some '86 Topps right now so this is pretty much the perfect pack.

Plus it's got my favorite anti-drug message on back! GET HIGH ON BASEBALL!!!

Good schtuff for rippin! Thanks Ernest of Canada!

No comments: