I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, July 6, 2009

NIIIIIIQUE!

I found an image of the 2009 Allen & Ginter Dominique Wilkins on the Bay so I swiped it and posted because I LOVE IT.

I'm perplexed that they airbrushed the "Hawks" off the uni, but it's 'Nique dunking, how cool is that? I have a feeling that once I get this in my hands it will surpass Torii for Favorite A&G Card. Bummer it's a short print, I wouldn't mind wallpapering a room in this card.

3 comments:

Johnny said...

It's probably airbrushed due to Panini having the exclusive rights to NBA cards.

Offy said...

I thought the same thing about Topps losing the license, but both Topps and Upper Deck are doing one set for 2009-2010 so that doesn't make sense to me.

Sal said...

Whenever you show a logo, you have to have the license from the respective league. In order to show a retired player, you just have to sign a contract and pay that player.

If Topps wanted to show that "Hawks" logo on Wilkin's jersey, then they'd have to have a deal with the NBA. Brush out the logo, and that's one less person/entity you have to pay off.