I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

1953 Topps Cartoon - #4 No

Trying to write this post while listening to the game. It's hard to type when you want to crawl in a hole and die.


'53 Topps Joe Astroth. GOD BLESS YOU KRIS MEDLEN. oh god I love you kris. Oh who cares about Joe Astroth. He plays for Philadelphia. PHUCK PHILADELPHIA. gonna throw up. ugh. Here's the cartoon.


Has anyone ever pitched a no-hit game in a World Series? 

˙ou :˙suɐ

If anyone wants to know what my face looks like right now, it's right up there in that cartoon.

Three reasons why I chose this cartoon over the others. First, the illustration is striking. A completely blank face in a cartoon is somewhat disconcerting. I was also amused by how quickly the trivia question was rendered useless. Three years after this card was printed, Don Larson screwed up the answer forever. It kind of makes me want to go over all the trivia questions for the set to see how many of them aren't true anymore. I'll wait until I complete the set to do that. JESUS CHRIST OUR OFFENSE SUCKS

Those aren't the real reasons I chose this cartoon though. I really chose it so I could express just how incredibly hard it is to resist drawing a Rorschach face on the back of this card.

Fuck it, I might do it anyway.


If you'll excuse me, I need to go drink heavily and cry right now.

No comments: