I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, August 10, 2009

2009 Allen & Ginter Box Break: Packs 22-24

THANK TEH JEEBUS I'M DONE WITH THIS BOX

Pack 22:
267 Melvin Mora
221 Brandon Webb
280 Shin-Soo Choo

66 Alex Rodriguez -1 points
19 Mike Pelfrey

320 BJ Ryan SP +5 points
169 Kazuo Matsui mini

NP31 Grady Sizemore NP +4 points

Pack 23:
245 Todd Helton
131 Jack Benny
10 Chone Figgins
197 Jhonny Peralta
161 Justin Morneau
105 Kurt Suzuki

87 Aaron Cook black border mini +3 points
NP36 Yovanni Gallaro NP

Pack 24:
286 Matt Kemp
180 Russell Martin
199 James McDonald RC
209 St. Patrick's Cathedral
28 Ervin Santana

349 Justin Masterson SP +5 points

NH12 Alexamder Nevesky National Heroes +5 points
NP37 Johan Santana NP

Man, A-Rod looks like a ghoul on his card doesn't he? The last four SP's in the box were the exact same as the ones in my blaster. Oh well. It wasn't a bad little box after all, I got my first ever A&G short printed relic, a couple of other decent jersey cards and a good mix of all the other goodies. The Bigfoot mini was the highlight for me though. If I totalled everything up correctly (which I probably didn't) the Gint-a-Cuffs FINAL SCORE IS....

(drumroll)

276 points

Not too shabby! Still nowhere close to winning a second box, but that's the way the mop flops.

If you're not quite sick of A&G yet, I have a couple of other surprises for you. First, A jumbo pack that I'll post on one of the pack busting sites this week. The big coolness is a live blaster rip and probably contest that I'll do towards the end of the week. Thursday or Friday evening most likely. If you have a preference of day and time, post it in the comments and I'll take your preferences into account. It will be sometime between 8:00pm and 10:00pm most likely though. Finally, I'll do a postmortem of the box break one of these days when I get a moment.

That's enough new stuff for now though, check the poll on the sidebar to see what I have in store for you next...

2 comments:

dinged corners said...

ARod looks sinister, Nevsky looks skyward and kinda freaky.

Mr P said...

Baseball in the modern age. The Masterson card is already out of date!