I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, January 30, 2012

Joy of a Completed Page - Ludicrous Edition

I haven't done one of these in a while and I'm hopelessly behind on my self-imposed posting schedule, so let's do this. Submitted for your approval: A complete page of 1986-1987 Fleer Basketball.


HEY YOU SLEAZE. THAT'S NOT A COMPLETE PAGE.

Ooooooooooh yes it is.

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-

Not keeping that particular card in a 9 pocket sheet for obvious reasons. Here's the back for gits and shiggles.


This is in celebration of making a trade for my first additions to this set in nearly 20 years. I got so giddy I made a wantlist.


34 Sleepy Floyd
35 Lloyd Free
36 George Gervin
37 Artis Gilmore

Ya, I need 15 4 cards to complete the '86-87 Fleer set and the biggest name is George Gervin. I've got over 90 doubles from this set so if there is anyone out there who happens to have any of these I'll be happy to trade you at least two-for-one for any of these suckers. I got all the ones I have from about half a box at 35 cents a pack from McCrory's at Northlake mall in 1987. While I didn't score all the rookies, I traded my surplus of Barkleys and Ewings to knock out the biggies that I didn't have. I think it's about time to put this sucka to bed. If you have no '87s to trade, I'd also appreciate a link to someplace online I could pick 'em up cheap.

Aww what the heck, let's put up the '87-88 Wantlist too while I'm at it.

this is as close to a complete page as I've got from this set


1 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
5 John Bagley
6 Thurl Bailey
9 Charles Barkley
10 Benoit Benjamin
11 Larry Bird
14 Tony Brown
16 Joe Barry Carroll
17 Bill Cartwright
18 Terry Catledge
20 Maurice Cheeks
23 Terry Cummings
25 Brad Daugherty
27 Johnny Dawkins
30 Clyde Drexler
31 Joe Dumars
35 Julius Erving
36 Mike Evans
37 Patrick Ewing
38 Vern Fleming
39 Sleepy Floyd
40 Artis Gilmore
42 A.C.Green
49 Ron Harper
51 Roy Hinson
52 Craig Hodges
56 Magic Johnson
58 Vinnie Johnson
59 Michael Jordan
60 Jerome Kersey
66 John Lucas
67 Jeff Malone
68 Karl Malone
72 Rodney McCray
73 Xavier McDaniel
74 Kevin McHale
75 Nate McMillan
76 Sidney Moncrief
77 Chris Mullin
79 Charles Oakley
80 Hakeem Olajuwon
81 Robert Parish
83 John Paxson
84 Sam Perkins
85 Chuck Person
87 Ricky Pierce
89 Terry Porter
91 Robert Reid
92 Doc Rivers
96 Mike Sanders
97 Detlef Schrempf
103 Steve Stipanovich
106 Isiah Thomas
111 Wayman Tisdale
118 Dominique Wilkins
119 Gerald Wilkins
122 John Williams
123 Hot Rod Williams
130 James Worthy
132 Checklist 1-132

Got a few more stars to pick up in this one... I love commons too though.

5 comments:

jacobmrley said...

I got a bunch of commons from both sets, gimme a day or two to see what i got and i am sure we can work something out for what you need.

Anonymous said...

Grertings. I have an 86 Sikma, a couple actually as he played college ball in the town I call home. Nothing needed in return. I enjoy your posts. You can email me your adress if you wish or post here. Thanks Jim Harcar harcarrules@hotmail.com

Andrew said...

this is beautiful. I'm 50 cards out of a complete 1986 Fleer set, not including stickers. Most of the shows I go to have them for sale for a buck or two a piece, I can keep an eye out for you.

I'm pretty sure my dad has the 1987 set (and many extras) at home, I'll check that out for you.

In the mean time, I'll give you my kidney/soul combination for the Jordan. ;)

Reds Card Collector said...

Are you still looking for some 86 Fleer? I've got the following I could trade from your wantlist: 93, 94, 95, 96, 98, 100, 101

dayf said...

Yep, still working on the set, shoot me an e-mail at dayf13 at gmail and let me know what you want in return. I still have a pile of doubles myself