I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Ze Card Show, It Has Been Hit

Went to Roger's show today. The card I will forever regret passing up for today: 1953 Topps Satchel Paige for $100. I had it in my hands. I had the money in my pocket. I bought 26 other cards instead for well under a C-Note. I am a bloody FOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

My loss is your gain! I now have another  "Top Twenty From the Card Show" series to post (by request). Here are the 6 cards that did not make the top 20 cut:




Not surprisingly, they are all from the dollar box and half of them will probably be in packages to be sent out by the end of the month.

Top 20 startes tomorrow night, Right now I'm going to go drink at a Hockey game. Toodles!

8 comments:

dominicfdny said...

Is the dropo for trade cuz id like to add the former sock to the collection

Paul Hadsall said...

Too bad you didn't buy Satchel... it would have been a nice addition to your collection.

Dhoff said...

Nice vintage. I do the same thing with those vintage gems wearing high price tags that are really steals. I never can pull the trigger and then my life fills with regret.

Play at the Plate said...

My eyes fill with tears, not for Paige, but the sheer beauty of all that vintage. I can't wait to see the top twenty.

BASEBALL DAD said...

As much as I would like some old Tribe cards, I don't think I could ever drop a C-note on one card.

P-town Tom said...

I can't believe there are shows out there that have vintage in a dollar box.

Nice finds!

dayf said...

While C-Note Satch will haunt me with $25 Jackie and $43 Yogi forever, the stuff I did come home with is pretty dang good. I think you will especially enjoy the top 5.

dayf said...

Dropo is available for trade, I sent an e-mail to Dominicfdny.

Schofield is unfortunately not for trade as he is now nestled in my '54 binder.

Everything else I'll listen to offers. There may be a few up for grabs in the Top 20 as well.