I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Friday, January 20, 2012

1969 Topps Braves Team Set

When I was updating my Braves Vintage want list the other day I realized that I apparently have never shown off my completed 1969 Topps braves team set. I am not entirely certain how this has not been posted before, but I can't seem to find it in my post archive. I suppose I could have labeled it poorly. If anyone wants to go through my 3000+ posts to check, feel free. In the meantime, I scanned it again for your Friday viewing pleasure.


In other news, even though I will never have time to play it, I really, really, reaaaally want to buy Skyrim now. Yay!



Via.

7 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

That was beautiful. The cards, of course.


Did Tommie ever catch the ball that he's trying to catch in EVERY card ever made of him?

And that's hilarious... I saw that video around midnight last night and was going to email you the link, but never did it....

Nachos Grande said...

I have skyrim sitting on my game shelf. I'm too scared to play it for fear of being addicted to it like everyone else seems to be...

GCA said...

'69 Aaron was the first card I ever bought on eBay in 2004. Eight bucks.

Jim from Downingtown said...

Ahhh... THIS is how cards should be stored in binders - by team, not numerically. I do the same (although I have them by position within each team).

jimmy_d said...

Nice simple design. It's also neat to see three different uniforms, which all appear to be home unis.

Jim from Downingtown said...

The tomahawk uni worn by Tommie(hawk) Aaron looks like it's leftover from the Milwaukee years.

dayf said...

Tommie's photo was used in his 1963 Topps Rookie card so it was definitely from the Milwaukee years.