I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Holiday Lazies

I was going to do a Blaster break of Topps206, but I'm too lazy. In my defense, between family and job, this Christmas was a lot of work. Here are four cards from the rip that caught my eye instead.

But first, the reason why Topps206 blasters are better than hobby boxes...

Mini sized mini cards that you can cut off the box! The Lou Gehrig mini had Howard's card encroach on his border a bit, but Lou looks pretty jacked up on that card anyway so no biggie.

Tommy Hanson goes full Bumgarner on his Topps206 rookie card. Never go full Bumgarner. I'm kind of peeved that I'm going to have to track down his short print to get a Topps206 card of him where he doesn't look ridiculous.

There can never be enough cards of Campy. The sunset horizon adds to the greatness of this card. A lumber yard full of bats don't hurt either.

I don't care what anyone says, I like the bronze cards. They look nifty and I'd rather have these to fill out holes in my set than have to chase another decoy card insert set on my current paltry card budget. Yes I'm putting bronze cards in my set binder. At least until I get a base card to replace it. I'm cheap like that. The Howard closeup in full swing is a pretty neat photo choice.

Poor Hunter looks bewildered. Kind of how I feel right now as I realize I'm blogging at 11:00pm when I'm frikkin' exhausted and ready to pass out. ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

4 comments:

Mark Aubrey said...

That Campy card is the bomb. I've been thinking about which card has a player holding the most bats.

Although not in the traditional method I'll declare him the winner until I am proved wrong.

Matt said...

Even the sexy ladies like Dayf's posts...

dayf said...

Not anymore they don't...

ernest of canada said...

i'm sure the Hanson family can't be nearly as sensitive as the Bumgarner family.