I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, December 7, 2009

Random Contest - Pack 9: White Sox Cards

Pack #9 - ScoreDonrussFleer

One today, one tomorrow and the Random drawing on Wednesday evening. Gotta stretch this out as long as humanly possible.

Manufacturer: Topps - 12 cards for 12 points

Topps is surely the King of junk cards.

Year: 1989 - 0 cards

How is this even possible? I can walk down the street and find a few packs of '89 Topps lying around.

Team: A's - 2 cards for 20 points

If Steve manages to get shut out the rest of the pack he's got the boobie prize. Think he can hold on?

Sport: Basketball - 0 cards

Boxing and hockey, but no hoops. Hold on, Steve! You can fail, I believe in you!

Player: Billy Ripken - 0 cards

Steve wanted to get the '89 F$ck Face card in his pack. No dice. If he can just screw up the weirdness, Steve is in the running for the toilet bowl!

Weirdness: Checklists - 5 cards for 250 points

JACKPOT!!!

Steve goes from the outhouse to the penthouse. Remember, Salty Ham has a checklist on the back. This pack was chock full 'o weird, music or comics would have also put Steve in first place.

Total Points: 282

Here's the rest of the cards in the pack:




The Worst Card in the Pack:

Steve Decker bent in half. Can't get much worse than that.

And finally,
The Best Cards in the Pack:

This one ended in a tie.

This one made it for the Diamond Kings on the wall. Gerald Perry is up on the wall at the Hall of Fame.

Joe D drinking bad coffee just makes me laugh. One more pack to go! (sorry Guru)


Standings:

#1 White Sox Cards - 282 points
#2 Mad Guru - 121 points
#3 gcrl - 88 points
#4 Mark's Ephemera - 82 points
#5 Bo - 50 points
#6 Anthony K. - 46 points
#7 Tribe Cards - 41 points
#8 Madding - 40 points
#9 Play at the Plate - 38 points

Legend:
Blue - Currently in the lead for the Grand Prize
Red - Currently in the toilet for the boobie prize
Black - good luck with the random drawing.

4 comments:

NMCLax24 said...

I love those marvel comics cards. I think I have a few of those lying around.

Mad Guru said...

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! My Ripken-like streak of fourteen days with the lead gone, GONE!. Sniff.

Steve Gierman said...

From the thumbnail I thought that KT was Bea Arthur, which would have been really cool. That T2 card looks like the idol moment in Raiders. LOL

I knew picking checklists was a good idea, but I never expected that! Damn!

Anonymous said...

I actually did laugh out loud once I took a good look at the DiMaggio coffee card. He looks so disgusted, and the disgust is directed at his own product. Hilarious!