I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Random Contest - Pack 10: NicoLax24

LAST PACK OHMAHGAWD

Pack #10 - ScoreDonrussFleer

Either Play at the Plate or White Sox card have clinched a prize. Nicolax 24 can knock one of them off, or end up a contestant in the Random Round. Drum roll please...

Manufacturer: Donruss - 4 cards for 4 points

As usual, Topps was the smart choice with UD a distant second.

Year: 1989 - 2 cards for 10 points

The Joe Carter is nice. There were a ton of 1991 cards in this pack.

Team: Orioles - 1 cards for 10 points

I think there were more Royals cards in these packs than anything else. Ben McDonald didn't quite live up to the hype (and oh baby, was he hyped) but he wasn't horrible either.

Sport: Football - 2 cards for 30 points

Theismann and a 1000 yarder clinches the Toilet Bowl victory for Play at the Plate. Congrats! or condolences, as the case may be. NicoLax24 (can I call you 24?) now needs 229 points to knock off White Sox Cards.

Player: Dwight Evans - 0 cards

Henry Cabot Lodge is from Massachusetts and has a Deweyesque mustache, but it doesn't count. 24 needs to clean up on weirdness to win...

Weirdness: Checklists - 0 cards

No checklists at all. Bummer. Most of the packs had at least one, but thems the breaks.

Total Points: 54

Here's the rest of the cards in the pack:




The Worst Card in the Pack:

Because I always hated this design and Play at the Plate is a Rangers fan.

And finally,
The Best Card in the Pack:

I came close to picking the Sheff refractor but this Starting Lineup oddball of Quiz is too nifty.


Final Standings:

#1 White Sox Cards - 282 points
#2 Mad Guru - 121 points
#3 gcrl - 88 points
#4 Mark's Ephemera - 82 points
#5 NicoLax24 - 54 points
#6 Bo - 50 points
#7 Anthony K. - 46 points
#8 Tribe Cards - 41 points
#9 Madding - 40 points
#10 Play at the Plate - 38 points

Legend:
Blue - Grand Prize Winner!
Red - Boobie Prize Loser!
Black - Good luck with the random drawing!

Drawing tomorrow night whenever I get home... Be there or DON'T. See if I care.

6 comments:

madding said...

R.I.P. 24

SpastikMooss said...

That Ricky card is pretty sweet as well. Man, that's a randomly random pack for the ages. Especially because I am actually a fan of Fleer Triple Crown. Dunno why...I think it looks neat though.

Chuck's Used Cards said...

That was pretty cool. Definitly a different kind of contest.

Somehow I feel I am missing something ... ???

Was I involved in this ?

Jeffrey Wolfe said...

I think everybody's mom bought them the 1990 Pro Set Super Bowl set for Christmas that year. Excellent photos and info on all the Super Bowls, I poured over mine for weeks.

NMCLax24 said...

Is it just me, or does it seem like it's better to win the boobie prize than to go to the randomizer? Do we win anything if we aren't picked by the randomizer?

Play at the Plate said...

Alright, I managed to hold on to my "lead" for the Boobie Prize!