I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Frank foolin' us again


When you've been posting ponies on a baseball card blog for six months, April Fool's Day kind of loses its impact. The most shocking thing I could possibly do today is to post actual baseball cards so I'll go ahead and do that. This handsome fellow above is Juan Francisco, formerly of the Cincinnati Reds. He was out of options so Cinci swapped him to the Braves for pitcher JJ Hoover. Kind of a Win-Win for the Braves and Reds as we have too much pitching and no bats and they have the opposite. While Juan is yet another bulky slugging corner guy on our bench, he's good Chipper insurance, can hit the ball like a motherflubber and is only 24 so there's still a good chance he can develop into something mighty good. I saw this guy play a couple years ago in a minor league game and he absolutely murdered a pitch from Craig Kimbrel for a homer. I think he mighta killed a kid out on the jumpies behind the outfield. Leave it to Frank Wren to pull off a trade on April Fool's Day.

2 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

I think I will call him Sam.

Play at the Plate said...

He shall be my pony.