I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Old and Sticky

Good 'ol Sticky Saturday, how I have neglected thee...

Here's another find from the vintage card thingy I want to last week. I've got 15 more posts worth of vintage card thingy stuff left so you'll all be sick of vintage soon enough. This here might be the oldest Fleer sticker I own now...

Milwaukee Braves, beeyotches! I think I have a couple of stickers that say Milwaukee Braves on 'em but not a whole lot and none with licensing info on 'em. I came across this when I was wrapping things up and decided to check out a couple of piles for something good to round off the day. There were a couple of stacks of stickers (or decals or whatever) and I found this one and a really neat Georgia Tech sticker with a really dated looking Buzz on it. I had to pass on the Tech sticker but I wasn't walking out without the decal. Seriously, Milwaukee Braves!

The Dubble Bubble ad identifies it as a Fleer product quite definitively. It's not a card like their later stickers but thin like an album sticker. It's not actually a sticker at all, technically, but a transfer. Dip it in water for about 30 seconds and then slide it on the surface where you want it stuck. Transfer, decal, if it sticks to something it's a sticker. It's for use on glass, wood, metal and other objects. Hair weaves, asphalt, mercury and whipped cream are objects so I guess it would work on them too. Not going to try it though because I am one of those crazy people who insist on denying stickers their sticky birthright in order to maintain "collectible value". I am a monster.

Fleerfan's the man if you want to know every detail possible for this sort of thing.

4 comments:

Matt Runyon said...

good find :)

Collective Troll said...

I think of all the sad stickers who are forced to live their entire lives without being adhered to anything because of monsters like you. You should be ashamed of yourself. Poor unstuck stickers...

bul2 said...

bring it on. Vintage rules

beardy said...

If it's a transfer, wouldn't it appear backwards on whatever you were to transfer it onto?