I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Yay, A Win

Falcons beat the slop out of the 49ers today. Now I can ditch #7 and put a 6 up in the countdown. Nice to be a third of the way to a winning season with three quarters of the season left to play. The Falcons will screw it up, though, I believe in them. Here's a pic of the card the number came from 'cause it's purdy.

This is a late '60s-early '70s Topps glossy insert. as you can see it's got lot of pretty colors and rounded corners. What you can't see is that it's a tad smaller than normal card size and it is laminated with a really glossy finish. The back is almost identical to the 1969 Topps Deckle Edge cards from 1969. Blank, with a box containing the player name, team and position, with the card number and copyright date under that. It's a nifty looking little insert.

No, I'm not showing the card for #7. You can probably figure out who it is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ron Mexico?

deal said...

1 - I vaguely remember a series of mid 70s hockey cards that fit this description.

2 - Also As I remember, You were at least this down or more on the Falcons last year and things worked out well for them.

Is this a reverse-faith initiative your working on or something.

dayf said...

Thorzul for the win.

Deal:
1) there is a series of Hockey inserts that are very similar. I have one somewhere but have no time to dig it up.

2) Last year I was pissed at the Falcons for taking a quarterback wha was going to get killed behind our crappy offensive line instead of picking a lineman for the defense. Yeah, you read that right. Actually just over one year ago today is when I changed my mind about them.

As for the reverse faith thing, what I did to the poor Braves (15-2 after completely giving up on them, 0-6 the nanosecond I show the slightest glimmer of hope for the playoffs) would seem to validate that theory. However, this is not the case. I am still watching and rooting all the way for them, it's just that I have been conditioned over many, many years to always expect disaster when it comes to the Falcons.