I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, October 19, 2009

Jesse Tuggle Auto

Who is this? Atlanta Falcons linebacker Jesse "The Hammer" Tuggle.

What is this? An autographed 1995 Fleer card.

Where'd I get it? In person at the 1996 Falcon Fan Fest. Or 1997. One of 'em. Maybe.

How much did it cost? FREE WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why is this so special? Tuggle is my favorite Falcon ever. EVER! The man was a hell of a linebacker and got to play in a Super Bowl, which is nice. I really, really really liked 1995 Fleer when it came out which is why I chose this card over his 1990 rookie or something else slightly less ridiculous. This one here doesn't look too bad compared to some of the other freaky Fleer designs from that year.

I got this signed at a Fan Fest one preseason in the late '90s. I think it was 1996 but who the heck knows. The team was lined up alphabetically in groups of three. Since Jesse was my favorite player I made sure to hop in his line first. I got totally star struck and totally ignored some lineman whose name started with T, something that I'm somewhat ashamed of now. Of course I ended up with this card and a signed photo of Tuggle for my rudeness so yay rudeness! Of course when I I did the same thing at Morten Andersen's booth I missed out on some guy named Jamal. So always be nice to the non-stars at the fan fests kids, you just never know...

1 comment:

Captain Canuck said...

pretty cool. sorry for the Falcons loss next week at Dallas.