I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Strip card

This is a 1923 W515-1 strip card of Red Faber, pitcher for the Chicago White Sox:


Red is a Hall of Fame pitcher who played his entire career with the Sox. Red won the World Series in Chicago in 1917 and played on the 1919 Black Sox team. A case of the flu changed history as Red was a victim of the Spanish flu epidemic causing him to miss the 1919 World Series. As a result, his starts went to Eddie Cicotte and Lefty Williams. Stupid flu. GET YER FLU SHOTS, KIDS! Don't think Red wasn't up for a good cheatin' though, he was the second to last pitcher to legally use the spitball.

The card is actually in pretty decent shape other than the utterly mauled left edge. Here's another W515 card from one of the coolest blogs ever.

Hrm. I thought I'd have more to say about this strip card. But I don't.

So here's Adam Ant.



What, you expected something different?

No comments: