I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Murph Variation from a Met Fan

Got this in the mail the other day, totally out of the blue from Stats on the Back. Maybe because I helped him with his Allen & Ginter project, maybe just for the halibut. Who knows? It was one 'variation' card, with a note:

OH DEAR HEAVENLY JEEBUS WHAT DID THAT MET FAN DO TO DEFILE POOR MURPH???

I was almost afraid to look...

Huh. Just a nice normal 1986 O-Pee-Chee Murphy card, totally undefiled. Not even mildly blasphemed. I really like the '86 Topps set and this is a nice card of the two time MVP who hit the crap out of the ball without taking anything stronger than an aspirin to enhance his performance. The O-Pee-Chee logo clipping his hat is odd though. So what's the variation? I flipped the card over:

GUM-USED RELIC CARD!

Brilliant! Anyone who has ever opened n old O-Pee-Chee pack knows what's going on here. Old gum. Permanently fused to the card. Never to be completely separated. Awesome. If I had the money to burn, I'd send this puppy to PSA to get slabbed.

1986 OPC Dale Murphy With Gum: PSA 10 1/2. Population: ONE.

Awwww yeah.

1 comment:

James said...

Gum-used relic! Awesome... what a great mail day.