I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lucky American Heritage pack

I had a pretty productive week last week  so on Friday I treated myself to a pack of '09 Topps American Heritage. I did pretty well for myself even though I only needed two cards out of the pack. Here are the doubles in the pack:

5 Nathaniel Hawthorne and his amazing mustache
60 Elizabeth Jennings Graham and her weirdly grainy picture
73 Robert Kennedy and his bullhorn
113 Completeion of the First Transcontinental Railroad
29 Nathaniel Greene who retreated to victory
42 Orville and Wilbur Wright and their flying contraption
58 W.E.B. Du Bois and his exquisite Van Dyke mustache

Not a bad pack even though I have them all already. This is the coolness:

This is one of the American Legends insert cards that drops at 1:200 packs. The Legends (and the even more hard to get American Icons) were where Topps snuck in their exclusive baseball player cards into the American Heritage set. With the long odds I didn't count on pulling one, but it appears I got lucky. This pack was errantly put in the $1.59 cheapo bin for some reason which is where I found it.
 
The card is pretty nice looking, a sepia photo with dark brown borders. You can actually see the serial number due to fortunate placement on a white background on this card. Double X doesn't have a logo on his cap. I'm not sure if it was like that on the original photo or was photochopped out. Cool card of a great player though. I love finding Hall of Fame players in current products. Here's the other card I was happy to see in the pack:

Checklist one of three. Now I've finally got all the checklists. Don't laugh, these things are almost impossible to find when you need them!

1 comment:

Bay Rat North West said...

If you have any extra checklists from 2K5 up let me know. I might be able to wrangle up a few David Wright Topps of the Class cards for your troubles.