I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Card of the Week June somethingorother

I'll be straight with ya folks, I'm not in a very writey mood this week. I almost just took a week off, but I figured any posts is better than no posts. Today's (whatever day it happens to be) Card of the Week will be low on word count but high on awesome. Behold:

2007 Allen & Ginter Mariano Rivera black press plate 1/1

A couple reasons why this one got chosen: The obvious, and the fact that I'm trying to ramp myself up for upcoming 2009 Allen & Ginter release. It's sad that I'm having to pump myself up about that product, but I am. While stuff like this isn't helping, the main problem is that I want to get a box on the release date, but I probably won't have the money 'till August. I'm probably just overthinking things though and it will all work out in the end. This card right here though is a reminder of why I love the set in the first place. The mini cards, the ornate frames, the faux lithographs (that were even better in 2007 as seen by Mariano's shadow there) and the vintage 1888 design. If this card can't get me pumped about A&G nothing wil.

This card came from Mr. Kickass himself, Mario at Wax Heaven. He pulled this out of the box of A&G he bought in his early wax-shredding days. We were working on a trade for every Jose Canseco card I owned (yes, all of them) for some Braves when he pulled it and I mentioned that I might be interested in trading for that card at some point when I found something good to trade in return. Then Mario up and sent it to me as a gift for the one year anniversary of this blog. Mario isn't just generous with his directory, he's generous period.

1 comment:

Pop Startled said...

That is a sick card...I love A&G and have to admit that this is the first time I've seen a mini printing plate. Do you like that it's encased?