I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, June 15, 2009

Card of the Week - Mycological Edition

You wanted to see the grab bag fungus card, so you get to see the grab bag fungus card:

Poor Dwayne Murphy. Stained all over and losing structural integrity up at the top. It's really bad when you can see the card sticking out like a sore thumb in a pile of other cards. Most likely this card was left near some water where the mold took root and then took over. Here's a close up of the top:

Now that damage could have been caused my a number of things. Water damage may have caused it to disintegrate. A rodent may have nibbled on it. It could have been scraped across a concrete floor. There's no proof that this was caused by the fungus. The fungus has done enough damage though:

Bllleeaaauuuuggghhh! (click to see the full size moldy horror) Oh yeah, that mildew has burrowed deep into that card. I'm thinking I should dispose of it by fire instead of dumping it in a landfill. It might mutate and grow and become sentient and escape!
THE FUNGUS CARD THAT ATE KENNESAW


Why in the world this card made its way into a grab bag is beyond me. I've got to sanitize my scanner now and the rest of the '81 Fleer out of that brick is in quarantine. This poor thing deserves a final rest and a Viking funeral. It's a shame that this had to happen but there are many dangers out there for cards. Don't let this happen to your cards. And even if it does, don't pawn it off on unsuspecting collectors, mmmmkay?

4 comments:

Billy Suter said...

Make sure you videotape (or whatever the cool kids are calling it these days) the Viking funeral.

night owl said...

Ewwww. I hope you used gloves, and tweezers. And one of those swine flu masks.

Dinged Corners said...

So that's a special effect you added at the end, right, when it turned green and pink, right? We're going to take a hot shower.

Jeffrey Wolfe said...

Thanks for showing this, pretty awesome. I can't believe someone pawned this off with the other cards. For my two cents, it looks to me like a rodent nibbled at the the top of the card.