I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Friday, June 5, 2009

The best pack of Heritage I have ripped all year

I've ripped maybe 25 or so packs of Heritage this year. Since packs have been harder for me to come by this year I've documented pretty much all of them in case I needed some fodder for the blog. I've gone over the packs 've opened and I have determined that this retail pack from Target has been the best I've opened this year. There's no big hit, no short prints but if I could only keep one of those packs I've gotten so far this would be the one.

100 Jair Jurrjens
318 Evan Longoria
310 Mike Lowell
53 Adam Jones
TME-AR Alex Rodriguez
296 Mike Pelfrey
299 Daric Barton
215 Bobby Cox
The Braves bookends are pretty good themselves, but Longoria and the Mayo (my first or second at the time if I recall correctly) push it over the top. No SP in the pack, but who needs SP's anyway with the base cards are so bright and colorful. Next year's '61 Heritage set is going to be a shock with its muted colors and minimalist design. Ah well. I wonder if Topps will do the MVP subset from the '61 set? That would be pretty sweet. Good pack here and there's still room for improvement. I'll keep trying to top this one.

1 comment:

The Baseball Card Snob said...

Arod looks like he has a moustache