I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Moar Mail - Heartbreaking surprise

I can't even call these packages from Matt trades anymore because it's been forever since I sent him anything. Matt seems to be of good cheer about it though as evident from his note:

I like Matt's packages, they're always stuffed with notes. I didn't quite understand about sending cards a person never wants though.. Who wouldn't want free cards? I looked through the package and understood. There were cards in there that this person never wanted. Matt is as wise as he is generous.

THE CARDS NO ONE COULD EVER POSSIBLY WANT:

2008 Timelines Brent Lillibridge

Nothing against the perpetual 12-year-old, but I have literally about eight of this card already. Dude's in the White Sox organization now anyway.

2008 Finest Mark Tei$eira

I'm pretty much done with Tex. I suppose I could copy Thorzul and try to get every Teixeira card in a Braves uni, but I'm just not interested. He's like the Braves version of Danny Manning to me. Blech. Ok, enough negativity.

CARDS A PERSON DEFINITELY NEEDS:

2008 Timelines Evan Longoria

One more X on that Timelines checklist is always appreciated. The pact that it's the rookie of an all-star caliber player is a bonus!

2009 Whatever the heck Upper Deck is calling this set James Parr

This is my very first A Piece Of Artifact History cards. Now thanks to Matt, I can finally review the set.

MY OFFICIAL 2009 APOH/ARTIFACTS REVIEW:

Meh. If I wanted to stare at vast expanses of marble, I'd fly to Athens and visit the Parthenon.

BACK TO THE AWESOME:

1995 Stadium Club Virtual Reality Mark Lemke

This card is awesome because not only is it a Lemmer sporting the flip up shades with full computer generated stats on the back, it also caused the song Virtual Insanity to pop up in my head. Imagine Lemke sliding around all over the place like in the video! Dodge that couch, Mark!

Awesome stuff from Matt and the cards I plan to send him are still in a pile far away from any bubble mailer. Oh well, they'll get out soon enough. In the meantime:


Junie looks on in approval. Thanks Matt!

No comments: