I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Ten Years Ago Today

This atrocity occurred.

AY- TRAH - SIT - TEE

The score is too horrific to post. Instead I will relay the line scores from two players well known to Orioles and Braves fans:

Cal Ripken Jr:

6 at bats, 6 hits, 6 RBIs, 5 runs, 1 double, two homers.

John Smoltz:

2 1/3 IP, 7 hits, 7 runs, all earned, 2 walks, 2 strikeouts.

That pretty much sums up the game. Between the Interleague asswhoopins and the All Star Game in Baltimore where the crowd started a mock chop, I really loathed the Orioles for a few years. The Orioles go for a repeat (or the Braves exact revenge) tonight in Camden.

6 comments:

Ben said...

I remember that game very well. I'm a Braves fan til the end, but I do like the Orioles and Cal Ripken is my favorite player ever.

So a little part of me was rooting for Cal to have a good game, but for the Braves to win... oops.

I hadn't realized that this was the anniversary of it, but I half expected you to mention that horror-fest of a game sometime over the weekend series with the O's.

awvolz said...

Should have put Mike Remlinger in earlier.

Motherscratcher said...

Thank God for Ryan Klesko, huh?

Kevin said...

dayf,

You're welcome.

Sincerely,

The incredibly shitty 2009 Orioles

Anonymous said...

I always loved that Gold Label set.

Scott said...

Thats funny, we did a mock chop during the 11-2 win yesterday. Too bad we still suck so bad. Matt Wieters is GOD!