I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, November 23, 2009

Random Contest - Pack 1: Mark's Ephemera


Ok, choices are in and it's time to tally the points. First pack is the Hi # pack chosen by Mark's Ephemera.I've got ten of these beasties to go through so I'm not going to dilly-dally.

Manufacturer: Fleer - 2 cards for 2 points


Only two Fleer cards in the pack. In general, Topps was the choice if you were looking for points.

Year: 1991 - 3 cards for 15 points


The sweet spot for points in this category was from '88 to '94. I know, big surprise.

Team: Boston Bruins - 0 cards

A non-baseball choice here makes me believe that Mark was shooting the moon for a low score. There were no hockey cards at all in the pack so no points for Mark.

Sport: Basketball - 1 card for 15 points


Greg Oden nets Mark 15 points. This is a rather odd picture of Greg.

Player: Bo Jackson - 0 cards

I should have made this category 1000 points each because absolutely no one picked this right.

Weirdness: Music - 1 card for 50 points


Otis Redding! Alllll right! If you haven't figured it out yet, the winner of this contest will basically be the one who guesses the right weirdness.

Total Points: 82

Here's the rest of the cards in the pack:

The Worst Card in the Pack:


Since 'the worst' card is a prize element, I'm trying not to choose checklists and such. It was hard to pick in this pack as there was a whole lot of mediocre and nothing that was truly wretched. I went with Bruce here because of the spring training roster filler number on the uniform, the Topps Debut rookie card on the back, the "insufficient Major League Data" blurb on the BARS chart scouting report and the small crease on the bottom left corner.

And finally,

The Best Card in the Pack World:

This wasn't explicitly stated in the rules, but I get to poach a card or two per pack if I so desire. THIS IS ONE OF THE CARDS I SHALL POACH. Because it is amazing. Hunky Johnny Depp, on a sticker, with a gum stain. This may be the perfect card.

Standings:

#1 Mark's Ephemera - 82 points

4 comments:

SpastikMooss said...

wow...nice picks for best and worst. I may have to get me one of them Depp cards. That might get the girlfriend into the hobby haha

Mark Aubrey said...

I'm winning. I'm winning. Stop the contest. Now.

Sharpe said...

I love this contest. I shall follow it from start to finish. And if anyone needs a home for the 91-93 era Stadium Club cards, please let me know:)

Honestly, that Depp sticker is sweeeeeeeet.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't Depp just voted People Magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive" recently? Prophetic card, if you ask me.