I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, November 5, 2009

It Begins...

The Hot Stove League is officially underway!

The Royals shipped off Mark Teahen to their division rivals in exchange for infielders Chris Getz and Josh Fields. I didn't know Chris Getz existed until about an hour ago. Josh Fields is best known in baseball card circles as one of the prospects who got a super stealth short printed variation card in 2007 Topps Series 1 Wal-Mart packs. Anyone who has opened a pack of cards in the past 4 years knows exactly who Mark Teahen is. He's the Royal not named Grienke or Gordon. Now he's a Sock.

Nope, I didn't forget about Aki, traded to the Pirates for a rookie reliever. Awww yeah, let the filings and tradings and signings begin!

5 comments:

Steve Gierman said...

Umm, wow! What?! I knew Josh Fields was on the block, but Getz??!! He will be missed. Expect more moves from the Sox. This is what I get for sleeping in today.

Collective Troll said...

Very nice cards my friend! That Sox trades surprises me, the Aki trade infuriates me. Teahen has a ton of potential at the plate!

zman40 said...

It's pretty sad that I get my Royals news from baseball card blogs. Thanks for the info. I'm not even sure what I think about the trade, yet.

Nice card. You didn't waste any time on that one.

deal said...

Fields is the former QB right?

saw him in futures gm a few yrs back.

Jeffrey Wolfe said...

Wahoo! We got Aki! And new uniforms! Did I mention I'm amazed by how fast Topps got these stealth '74 insert cards out in U&H!