I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Friday, May 7, 2010

The Most Perfectest Card in the World - 1970 Topps Edition

This is the card that I have deemed to be the most perfect representative of its set. Behold:


#626 David William Ricketts


I probably should have looked through the rest of the set first, but am I really going to find a more perfect 1970 Topps card? I think not.

This semi-high series card was found in the legendary quarter box that has been eating all my money lately. If you have a nomination for a better 1970 perfecto, let me know in the comments. Maybe I'll do a poll if there's enough participation.

10 comments:

Jim from Downingtown said...

I thought Clark Kent worked for a newspaper.

Wrigley Wax said...

Here's a few that could make honorable mention:
#297 Curt Blefary
#413 Sonny Jackson
#483 Gail Hopkins
#623 Horace Clarke
#672 Leon McFadden

Anonymous said...

Wow. I would put that card on a t-shirt.

Chris Harris said...

That looks like Milo Aukerman.

Fleerfan said...

If you are talking 1970 Topps, I have to place my vote for Lowell Palmer:

http://fleersticker.blogspot.com/2008/05/coolest-baseball-card-of-all-time.html

Unknown said...

The Clemente card of 1970 is awesome too. I always loved the Ricketts card, I like seeing cards of catchers with their gear on.

Carl Crawford Cards said...

That's pretty classic!

Those whole thing has a really awkward posed feel, from his sweat jacket on underneath his gear to his glasses. Wonder if he caught with those one?

ernest of canada said...

pure bespectacled awesome! i must seek out that card. the only thing that could possibly have elevated it to perhaps become one of the most perfect cards of all time would be if it had been printed out of register.

Turd Burglins said...

I likes.

dc said...

#90 James Timothy McCarver

bwahahoohaha