I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Some early morning nostalgia from Strat-o-Matic

I woke up this morning and found an e-mail from Strat-o-Matic in my inbox. It was an ad. There was a big image in the ad:



The box art on the Hockey and Basketball games are the exact same as the games I bought in 1989. Awww yeah, nostalgia overdrive. I don't know what the hell that is on the Football game but my box is better. Here's the link to Strat-o-Matic if you are overcome by the memories of childhood and just have to buy a game. The prices are pretty good concidering my Basketball game cost me $40 in 1989 dollars.

If you're wondering why I didn't host a Strat-o-Matic contest when the blogosphere was awash in contests, all I can say is I must have missed an e-mail. Or deleted it as spam. It's all for the best because I probably would have "won" one of the computer games causing major internet drama. I'm really a Statis-Pro guy anyway to be honest about it.

4 comments:

AdamE said...

I got that e-mail this morning also. I figured it was from playing in one of the give-away tournaments.

Anonymous said...

If you like games like these try www.pennantchase.com. It is free and you can play from all different eras. CHeck it out.

Mark Aubrey said...

Strat-O-Matic just became a sponsor for Gint-A-Cuffs II.

Let's Boogie.

Mad Guru said...

Always nice to come across a Statis-Pro player. That's how I got my start. Went to Strat in college and then worked for Pursue the Pennant/Diamond Mind Baseball and now, on the rare occasions I play, I play the 1911 Strat.

Statis Pro was great because it was so easy to create cards. I only ever created guys who had A steal ratings. May be the only person ever to feel the need to create a John Cangelosi card.