I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

An important announcement concerning Panini Sticker Albums

Acceptable: for a grown-ass man to clean out a store of all packs of Panini World Cup Stickers. I did this when I bought the last 5 packs from the Wal-Mart on Windward Parkway. The packs were there, I wanted some packs, so I bought 'em. The distributor will likely see how well they are selling and fill it back up soon if not put in a second gravity feed full of packs. That's just basic capitalism.

Not acceptable: for a grown-ass man to clean out a store of all packs of Panini World Cup Stickers and peel all the packs off of the sticker albums as well. Now everyone who buys an album (at $2 a pop instead of the $1 they charge for the non-sports albums) gets screwed. The albums probably won't get refilled now either. If you want the packs that badly, pony up for the whole album. Total dick move, whoever did this at the Wal-Mart on Mansell.

DON'T BE A DICK

DON'T PEEL THE STICKER PACKS OFF OF PANINI ALBUMS WITHOUT PAYING FOR THE WHOLE ALBUM

12 comments:

dfwbuck2 said...

i'm thinking june 11th to start talking trades....the dupe stickers are piling up!

Captain Canuck said...

I just picked up my album and a few packs the other day...

dayf! start a trade forum, quick!

dfwbuck2 said...

it's a bear...ive opened 55 packs and have about 75-100 dupes...and still need 300 to finish the set! Plus be careful I've lost the middle page from its staples already...

dayf said...

Man, I don't know how to start a trade forum. Point me in the right direction and I'll give it a go.

I've only got five packs too. Plus I gave away all my England stickers to my friend because his wife is actually from England and plays professional soccer so she would appreciate a Rooney sticker more than I could.

Jason Presley said...

Not being a soccer, fan, what is so special about this years set...haven't they been issuing these stickers for 20 years?

dayf said...

Nothing really special, Panini has been doing sticker albums for forever. This is the first sports related sticker album I've actually seen in retail stores since probably 1989 baseball stickers. I haven't seen sticker albums of any type in stores until Panini got the hopps license last year actually. I like stickers... I like the World Cup... the distributors near me suck and put up Toy story albums instead of World Cup this weekend... so I've set my self up for disappointment again. Man, this comment just took a depressing turn.

Joe S. said...

LOL! I was all about these albums until I saw that it was a 700,000 card set. Too much for my tastes! Also, a little part of me was hoping the packs would cost $0.25 each. I was near Walmart on any kind of regular basis, I'd still pick some up, though.

Chuck's Used Cards said...

Please give your poor extras, your tired dupes, your stickers in huddled masses , I hunger for your Panini World Cup.

Seriously, if anyone want to trade away your masses of stickers - let me know.

dayf said...

I CAN'T FIND A SINGLE FRAKKING PACK IN THE ENTIRE MOTHERSCRATCHING STATE

BUT THERE'S TOY STORY THREE AS FAAAAR AS THE EYE CAN SEEEEEE

kevincrumbs said...

dayf & anybody else:

Hope this doesn't sound like spam but I have a ton of extras from the 2010 WC album and need a good amount to complete my album. I am definitely up for trading and whatnot.

On a side note, I also need WC2002 and Euro 2008. Let's trade, people!

Anonymous said...

I have tons of dupes...i need 225 sticks to finish my album. I am willing to share my dupes...

Anonymous said...

what happened to the traders??? I am ready to swap stickers..