I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What the ...

So I clicked on this auction. You know what auction it is. It's been on Yahoo! News for Pete's sake. Not sure where I found it, I've seen a half a dozen posts on this in the past couple of days. Anyway I clicked on the auction link and my reaction was this:



Whatever sucker eventually buys this better pray to Jeebus every single day that Stephen never ever meets Dr. James Andrews. And us old-schoolers still feel bad about all those Brien Taylor cards we bought. Ha!

10 comments:

Joe S. said...

I say this is a ridiculous purchase even if Straburg is the second coming of Cy Young (or some other good pitcher). My goodness that's a lot of money for a baseball card.

cynicalbuddha said...

dumb dumb dumb

the sewingmachineguy said...

I have Todd VanPoppel cards stashed somewhere.

Peterson said...

even if he is the biggest since van floppel, he will never have as sick a nickname as collossal flop Greg "Toe" Nash...

where is that clip from...? I have def. seen it more than once...looks like jimmy page, or old aerosmith lead guitarist...

Roy said...

Rick Ankiel '99 Ultimate Victory Redux.

Andy said...

That f*#%ing card is off-center, even.

Do you know what movie the gif is from that you posted?

word verification: overpriced

Steve Gierman said...

It will only go down in value. Stupid! The eventual winner is actually the loser.

dayf said...

Oh lord, I forgot about the Ultimate Ankiel.

As for the movie, Google "Italian Spiderman"

beardy said...

That is the awesomest gif ever. I've been staring at it for 3 hours and cracking up.

Anonymous said...

I love invoking the name of Brien Taylor.