I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Late, but polite

Got these messages in my inbox this morning:
Topps Support to dayf13
6:33am

Dear Consumer.

This email is to inform you that the Topps Company is currently beyond the 15 week processing time allocated for the following redemption card:

PIN #:          Product:                        Card/Player Name
TTSXTY8ADT      T-206
                       Elvis Andrus Framed Autograph

Our staff is working diligently to process and ship your redemption card as soon as possible.  Please continue to check your Online Redemption account for updates regarding the status of your card.

If you no longer wish to wait for the redemption card, please contact our Consumer Relations team in order to place a substitution request for a card of equal Beckett value.

Do not hesitate to contact our Consumer Relations department via phone or via email for assistance. A consumer relations representative will be available to assist you Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30 pm (ET).

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations
The Topps Company, Inc.
And:
Dear Consumer.

This email is to inform you that the Topps Company is currently beyond the 15 week processing time allocated for the following redemption card:

PIN #:          Product:                        Card/Player Name
TTS4GQJZ83      T-206
                       Phil Hughes Framed Autograph
This is cool with me, I'm never in any hurry about these things. The last time I had a redemption card they sent me this Eric Estrada relic as a replacement while keeping my Jesse Ventura redemption open for some reason. One day I'll probably get a package with a feather boa relic inside at a nursing home. 

Then I got home tonight and started checking the blogs and saw this. Hrm. Hughes in hand...


Miscut redemption in hand...


Veddy interestink. I guess that serves me right for buying retail. I'm still going to wait and see what comes my way. I wouldn't want to encourage anyone to look for cards of equal [book] value in any context. No need to get hung up on cards, I can chill and wait for some autos.

UPDATE: I checked my redemptions at Topps.com for the heck of it. 


They're not even late! They've shipped! Now that's some good service right there.

GOOD JOB TOPPS

*note* image of Phil Hughs in had card brazenly stolen from A Cardboard Problem. You should go read them and leave many. many comments.

2 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

Can't wait to see a post of the Andrus auto. I'm slightly, ok more than slightly, jealous.

Orioles Magic said...

Its nice to see a car company get this right. I always read about the screw ups.