I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Joy of a Completed Team Set

I finally knocked off the last card I needed for this set late last year. I knocked out Bill Bruton at the card show a couple months earlier but couldn't track down Joe Adcock. Finally I had the bright idea to check the local shop's Vintage case and there was Joe for a mere ten smackers. A completed team set from the '50s and all it cost me was a Hamilton. For the last card at least... Thank goodness Bowman wasn't able to get Hank that year. It took forever to finally post it because it took forever for me to scan all the cards. Enjoy...

1954 Bowman Braves Team Set


























4 comments:

Matt Runyon said...

great achievement!

AdamE said...

Good-looking team set. Congrats on your achievement.

That is one team set I myself will never finish. Maybe if I win the lottery I can finish it. One of those 89 Bowman Williams promotion things will have to suffice.

Captain Canuck said...

wow. nice to see what they all look like. I'm sitting at 2 right now. Ernie and .... someone else... heh...

Nathan said...

Wow, beautiful team set, good work