I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sketch Card #7 - Timmy the Giant

I need to start catching up on my sketch cards since I've got a month's worth in the draft folder. That isn't even counting the ones I've done in the past week or so. Here's a particularly terrifying one I sent to a Giants fan.

This was sent out to a Mr. Adam Smith with a whole flopton of Giants cards in exchange for some stickers I needed. Not that Adam Smith. Unless I traded with a ghost. And ghosts are usually Angels fans anyway. Adam finished off about a quarter of the album (After Chris Harris softened it up for him) so the duplicate Giants were well worth it.

Of course no good deed goes unpunished so I drew this horrorshow of a sketch card for him as well. Easy concept, Giant fan - Tim Lincecum - Timmy the Giant - Andre the Giant - has a posse. It doesn't hurt that I look at this sticker from Chris Harris damn near every day. Jefferson Burdick's posse is way better than Andre's. I should probably be executed for the execution though. I thought about doing Timmy in an OBEY style, but I didn't know how to do that so I just started drawing him normal-like. Then he started getting weirder and weirder looking. Weird is actually a good look for Tim, so I went with it. He had no cap to begin with but his hair looked really odd so I covered up my mistakes. Eventually I got to the point where I couldn't really make it any better or worse, so I started lettering. That actually turned out ok.




Well, on the front at least. Crappy lettering where I don't leave enough room is my trademark! Unless Shepard Fairey already has that one. Don't sue me, bro! 's just a joke!

I can't remember if Adam has a blog or not. If you're reading and have one let me know so I can linky. If you don't, start one up. I'm sure there's puh-lenty of bloggers who want to trade you their Giants cards. Find us some A's collectors while you're at it too.

4 comments:

The Lost Collector said...

Nice one! It's a fun style. I need to get it together and do a few new sketch cards.

arpsmith said...

I love that card, I have a page of oddball cards at the front of my first Giants binder and this card has a prominent spot on that page.

I don't have a blog and have toyed around with starting one but haven't taken the plunge yet. Maybe one day. Thanks for the trade and glad to help on the set!

dayf said...

HEY EVERYBODY!

SEND THAT GUY UP THERE ARE YOUR GIANTS CARDS! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO GET RID OF THEM!!!

night owl said...

I've already made 3 trades with Adam. I can't believe I'm saying this, but: I'm almost out of Giants cards.