I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Ban Lifted

But no more shenanigans or it will be a two month ban next time. Go ahead, Upper Deck, try me.

At least now I can finally post all the cool stuff I've pulled in the last month.

Oh sweet bliss. I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts because this time next year Mark will be wearing a uniform with New York across the front.

Starquest Chipper uncommon card. Who would have thought I would get nostalgic over a crappy 90's Collector's choice insert? Upper Deck with the sneaky move to win me back to their side.

This card is an abomination. YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN HUGGING BOBBY YOU TRAITOR

What the hell is up with this card?? Is Upper Deck really taking pointers from the artist of Gil Thorp on photo composition?


I love this card for the event it is portraying. For those who don't remember, the team the Cubs beat in order to face the Marlins and have Steve Bartman rip their souls out through their guts was none other than the Braves. Suffer you Cubbie bastards!!! SUFFER!

I decided early on that I would like to collect one relic from each of the retro styles. Every blaster I've ripped had a relic card in this style. Guuuuuh.

Wally Pipp! This is a ludicrously excessive mirror set, but pulling old timey Yankees is pretty sweet.


On the left, we have a 2008 Upper Deck O-Pee-Chee insert. On the right is the 1969 design it is patterned after. You know, I kind of like what UD did with the team name and position in the circle, but what genetic defective decided unreadable silver was appropriate for the player name? Without even putting a border around it?? That idiocy is why I'm not bothering with UD Hobby packs.


This (along with the StarQuest) is the retail only insert from Upper Deck. It's a terrible design and I thought it was an advertising filler card when I first pulled it, but what the heck, it's the Babe. With the cool 40-pound Home Run Crown perched on his head. Nice.

2 comments:

capewood said...

I pulled a common Chipper and a super rare Chipper StarQuest out of two blaster boxes from Target. And a ultra rare Chase Utley (Go Phils!). Any idea of the relative count of these variations since they are not numbered? No clue from Upper Deck's web site. In the two boxes I got at least one of all the variations (common, uncommon,rare, super rare and ultra rare). The ultra rare has contest rules and a scratch-off patch on the back. I haven't been able to find my electron microscope so I can read the rules.

Cliff
www.capewood.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

"For those who don't remember"? Who could forget that awful day???

I got a couple of packs of Upper Deck last night. I wasn't crazy about them, probably won't get any more. A couple of decent cards, but nothing to write home about.