I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, March 10, 2008

More Heritage Stuff

The last five packs of my box will be up tonight, and my second box break (such as it is) will be done tomorrow or Wednesday. It mainly depends if I'm going to take the time to evict Turkey Red out of its binder and use it for my '59 Heritage set. Since I'm certain you're not completely sick of Heritage yet, Here's a few more things to get you through the day.

First up, remember when I mentioned that a dude from Amsterdam was going to rip a case of Heritage? Well he has it in his hands and is tearing away. Here's a link to all his videos, and here are the box hits from his fourth box:



I don't know which is cooler, the Mazeroski auto numbered to 25 or the spiffy reggae music he uses in the video.

Wax Heaven has his own review and video box box break featuring the Infamous Tatiana. He's got some kickin' music going on too, If I did a video I'd probably have some They Might Be Giants or Dead Milkmen going in the background which isn't really box breaking music. Frank Zappa, now that's box breaking music, but Gail would sue the ever living crap out of me.


Video Box Break - 2008 Topps Heritage from Mario Alejandro on Vimeo.

Mario pulled a Mantle seat relic out of the box (about 6 minutes in, wait for the heart attack), but I'm more jealous of the Brain McCann SP and Chrome he got in his first two packs.

Chris at Stale Gum has another break and review, Ben Henry wants to murder the brand, While Thorzul is saving the goodness for himself. If there are box breaks out there from any other bloggers, let me know. I either forgot to make a note of them or just plain haven't seen them yet.

Finally, there are a couple of sites out there dedicated to nothing but Heritage. Topps-Heritage.com has a lot of information on all the Heritage sets including Bowman Heritage and the sets from other sports. ToppsHeritage.com also has some useful info like variations and checklists, but is mainly a site with Heritage cards for sale. I'm kind of skittish about advertising on this site, but I bought a Francoeur relic from him last year and things went real cool.

1 comment:

Billy Suter said...

Frank Zappa? You're a man after my own heart, dayf. I bought a couple packs of '08 Heritage at Walmart, and while I didn't get any big hits (or good players, really), I like the set.

P.S. Did anyone else notice Miguel Tejada's sig on Robinson Tejeda's card?