I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Atlanta Falcons Offseason

Crumpler...

Turner...

Dunn...

HARRINGTON?!?!?

Deangelo...

Elam???

I... I don't even know what to say anymore. I really don't. I don't even know if I like some of the moves or not. Take the Joey Harrington signing. Joey Harrington is a terrible quarterback and I'd rather have Tony Graziani leading the squad. But........ his signing might mean that the Falcons are finally going to focus on rebuilding (oh who am I kidding, flat out building) an offensive line the next couple of years and they just need a warm body to hand the ball to Turner for a while. I just don't know.

They better have a damn good draft next month. One where there is a real plan for building the team with no WTF moments like picking Roddy White when they desperately needed help on the defense. Selecting Jake Long would be great. (aw jeez, I agree with Terence Moore) Trading the #3 to some sucker drooling over McFadden for a truckload of picks would be even better. Picking Matt Ryan so he can get his ass handed to him until he ends up the next David Carr would be sub-optimal. I really hope Dimitroff knows what he's doing, because I've got over 25 years of suffering and disappointment invested in this lousy franchise and I can't take it anymore.

I'm this close to defecting to the Titans. That I do know.

2 comments:

the sewingmachineguy said...

I have 2 words for you...MATT MILLEN. As a long suffering (one playoff win in 50 some years) Lions fan, It can get worse, much worse.

You're right, Joey does stink.

Good luck at the draft.

dayf said...

The unmitigated horror that is Matt Millen is duly noted, and my heartfelt sympathies go out to each and every Lions fan.

However...

The fact remains that Barry Sanders never strangled puppies.

Not even a little one.

Not even by accident.

There has never even been an unsubstantiated rumor of puppy strangling in the Lions community.

When you go out in public in full Lions gear, you are merely mocked and taunted by other NFL fans. When I wear my Falcons stuff, I not only get laughed at, but granola chicks wearing PETA babydoll shirts also try to kick me in the junk.

What I'm saying is that there are different levels of worse.