I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Out of nowhere in my hour of need

Patricia and Lucy must have psychically anticipated my Heritage crisis on Monday, because I found a package in the mail today with my name on it. After a week of meetings and work emergencies (and a stiletto in the sternum courtesy Duryea, PA), this unexpected bounty is a real treat. Along with the above artwork, here's what else was in the package:

Spidey, who has apparently gotten him into a sticky mess,

A '93 Mike Stanton who has just thrown his patented Flaming Logo pitch, plus an Andruw Jones puzzle insert on the other side.

And a nice brick full of what appear to be Braves.

There's an '86 O-Pee-Chee Mighty Murph on the back. Sweetness.

As you can see from the side view there's a rainbow of different card types in there all looking like the layers in Saturn's rings. I'm looking forward to opening this and I'll have it posted a little later. Right now I just want to take a nap.

I've also embarrassingly neglected to post the gifts of our resident 88 Topps Expert and a Braves fan I know from the Frozen North. I'll be posting them sometime tonight as well. The Box break has gotten my posting schedule all goofed up and I'm putting it on the back burner until I get caught up.

Thanks again Patricia and Lucy! You may be finding a surprise of your own in the near future.

1 comment:

--David said...

That is too cool! I got a stack from them today, too!!