I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Sticky Saturday - Thrown Together at the Last Minute Edition

I wasn't going to forget my Sticker for the week, I've just been lazy today. Here's another 1988 Fleer Sticker that puts the whole package together. Braves logo on the front in what is probably supposed to be a ball on a display stand:

And the picture of Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium on the back.

Finally! A matching set! I bought scads of '88 Fleer plus a factory set to boot so I had a ton of these green bordered stickers. Fleer kinda got lazy with these, they are basically the exact same as the '87 stickers, just with a green border and the stadiums on the back. I have more of these with the large logo floating around now since I used a bunch of the smaller logo stickers for team sets. I never stuck stickers of this design on anything, the baseball stand motif never did anything for me. It sort of looks like a Crystal ball, and the future for the Braves looked pretty murky in 1988. Actually, I think I did stick these large stickers on a couple of notebooks, but I ripped off the base at the bottom before doing so. Oh the terrible sticker abuse!

Now I need some audience participation for my sticker fans. I was posting each sticker as the came in the package from Fleerfan, but he ordered them more or less in chronological order. This means we're about to hit a month's worth of '87 Fleer. Let me know if you want me to mix 'em up or sneak in a few stickers of my own in the comments. Otherwise, prepare for the attack of the blue stickers..........

2 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

I like the big bold instruction in the top right corner...
"PEEL" and an arrow. Wow. Thanks for that... never would've figured it out otherwise....
I could understand putting that on the Mets sticker.... but anyone else?

Fleerfan said...

The 1988's have the stadium matching the team sticker on the correctly for the large stickers with the logos on the baseball trophy. Its the 2 on 1 stickers with the smaller logo stickers that appear to be random and don't match the stadium to either team on the front.

I'd vote to mix it up a bit!