I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Quarter Box Bounty - Part 3 Randomness

Today's post is a quick one because it's late and I have to get up early. There were three cards that didn't really fit in with anything else theme-wise so I'm putting 'em here. For a quarter a pop, you can't beat it. Well, unless you found 'em in a nickel box I guess.

2006 Topps '52 Rookies Justin Verlander RC


I'm still waiting for my Topps '53 Rookies set.... This is card #310 and I can't remember if that is a short print or not. It doesn't really matter because it's Justin Freaking Verlander. This was probably put in the box last year when he went 11-17. He's come in 7th, 5th and 3rd in the Cy Young voting in his short career, so if the pattern continues....

Dynamic Duos Joel Zumaya and Justin Verlander


Here's the insert version of the Verlander RC. Zumaya had a fantastic rookie season but hasn't matched it yet. He's still young though. The rest of the cards I picked up out of the box were from two sets. Can you guess which ones they were?

09 A&G Highlights Derek Jeter


I'm not really collecting this insert set, but I sure have amassed a lot of them. Looking through my A&G binder, I discover there are at least two Jeters in this set. Anyone else completely bleeping sick of the Yankees?

Up next: The other set I scrounged

No comments: