I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Sunday, February 14, 2010

OH GOD I JUST NOTICED THIS

I've been refreshing www.toppscards.com obsessively hoping for something to happen, but it hasn't yet. The URL is listed as www.toppsmillion.com on the actual card, but that resolves immediately to toppscards.com. Someone planned things well. Since it's already February 15th on half the planet I should be able to enter codes by now, but I F5 to no avail. While staring at the splash screen I noticed something.

Now the first and probably only thing any true collector sees on that page is the gorgeous '53 Jackie right there in the middle of the screen. That's all I've been looking at. Didja notice what was behind that card though?


1989 TOPPS! Oh nooooooooooooooo!


That weird orange plaque/tombstone thing? All 1989 Topps. Every last card. There's actually ony 6 cards there, repeated twice. But every one of them '89. So what do ya think? Lazy design? The only cards they could find was a pack of '89 Topps and a Jackie? Or some truth in advertising for this giveaway?

I personally would take a mountain of '89 Topps if there was a lone Jackie thrown in there.

9 comments:

Matt P. said...

even weirder: on the back of the cards yo momma threw out, there are SCORE cards in the background. WTF?

dayf said...

Whaaaaaa?

You're blowing my mind, man.

Ok, I can't stay up any more. I'll have to try to enter codes in the morning.

BA Benny said...

BASEBALL GODS Please Help Us!!
Please have some decent cards for this promotion! PLEASE!!

LongFlyBall said...

The '89 Topps behind Jackie are also reversed....weeeeeeeiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrd!

TheRealDFG said...

I noticed the backward ones this morning but the ones in the orange were just revealed to me. This can't be good.

I have a feeling that this may end up a PR disaster.

Play at the Plate said...

I noticed that a few days ago and posted about it on Friday...it makes me very, very nervous. We shall see. I'm guessing the whole site will crash and nothing will be working today.

Steve Gierman said...

Hmmm... I just noticed a 1992 Leaf Padres card on the back of one of my yo mamma cards.

Peterson said...

I have a cello pack of 1989 topps for equal number of your "Redemption" cards. Better trade now, before you "win" a bunck of worse 1989 Topps.
oh, and did I mention there is no shipping for mine?
muahhhahahaha
This thing is out of control and I love it.

bama said...

I was like every other one out there waiting to get the codes in an see what shoot's out. Well if anyone is interested here are the Results:
1) TMC-9 2006 MIGUEL TEJADA/ORIOLES
2) TMC-5 1974 STEVE BARBER/BREWERS
3) TMC-8 1985 JIM RICE/RED SOX
4) TMC-6 1985 JEFF NEWMAN/RED SOX
5) TMC-6 1985 GLENN HOFFMAN/RED SOX
6) TMC-2 1987 EDDIE MILNER/REDS
7) TMC-9 1990 JOE MORGAN/MGR/RED SOX
The last was the oddest of them all
a manager's card? paleeeese! if anyone is interested in a trade mine are out there for one.