I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, February 22, 2010

Quarter Box Bounty - Part 2 A&G SPs

I'm going to just go ahead and blow out the grand prize of the quarter box right now.

Allen & Ginter SPs

To a dedicated set builder these things are gold. I'm getting close to the set too, I need to take my want list back the next time I hit that place. There were at least 15 SPs in that box, I took 10. Any that I knew for a fact that I had I left for the next guy. These 10 all had that tiny sliver of doubt. Here's all ten and whether I actually needed it or not.

338 Jason Wong

Need it?

NO

I thought I might have this one already, but I figured worst case scenario I could try to get his autograph if it was a double. Jason takes TTM requests, right?

311 Gavin Floyd

Need it?

NO

I just saw this card with my own eyes in the binder and I still don't remember that I have it.

307 Hunter Pence

Need it?

YES

Good God, I love the look on Hunter's face on this card. This might be this set's Torii Hunter. I want to know what the heck he's looking at behind him.

325 Dioner Navarro

Need it?

YES

I love it when ex-Yankee prospects make good playing for other teams. You could put together a damn good collection of just ex-Yankee prospects who blossomed elsewhere. 

349 Aubrey Huff

Need it?

YES

I've completely lost track of where the heck Aubrey has been throughout his career. I think he's on the Giants now?

345 Carlos Delgado

Need it?

YES

Carlos might be done. That's weirding me out, man. I kind of took Glavine and Thomas retiring in stride, but they were rookies when I was in high school. I was pulling Delgados in college. I don't want everyone who was playing baseball while I was in college to be retired! Luckily I was in college for seven years...

301 Jonathan Sanchez

Need it?

YES

Dude threw a no hitter! On a team with Lincy and Cain and Unit and Zito this was the guy to thow the no-no. Ain't baseball cool?

347 Yovani Gallardo

Need it?

NO

This endeth the streak. Keep your eye on this dude, he might win 15 this year.

329 Carlos Gomez


Need it?

NO

I should have known better on this one. I completely forgot he was traded to the Brewers. Maybe I can ship Carlos and Yovani up to Thorzul when I Bip his ass for starting up memes and then trying to stop them again as if he had any control of such things once unleashed upon the interwebs.

Last one...

350 Jimmy Rollins


Need it?

NO

I knew I had the mini, but I wasn't sure about the regular sized version. No matter, this is one of the best looking cards in the set.

Well, I batted .500 and knocked out 10% of the '09 A&S SPs for less than a pack of the stuff. Not too shabby. More cheapos tomorrow.

9 comments:

madding said...

I actually need all 5 of those SPs. I don't suppose you need any of the 6 SPs that I have doubles of...

http://cardsoncards.blogspot.com/2004/03/2009-allen-and-ginter.html

dayf said...

I need Ludwick and LaRoche actually. I'm a bit behind on trades at the moment but I'll put them aside for you.

IkesCards said...

Where is this place again? I'm in the ATL all the time and have bled the other place you told me about dry of Cardinals.

dayf said...

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=piedmont+and+upper+roswell+marietta+ga&fb=1&gl=us&ei=TVeDS7X0CpX2zASiwJCmBg&ved=0CBEQpQY&hl=en&view=map&geocode=FRloBgId6_H2-g&split=0&iwloc=A&sa=X

In the Piedmont Commons Shopping Center.

If you're in Atlanta Also check out Atlanta Sports Cards' brick & Mortar store. Lots of cardinals in there. Or Champion Sports cards if I told you about ASC already.

IkesCards said...

Cool. I've been to Champion a ton over the last 6 months. I'll check out the other two in a few weeks.

RoofGod said...

I don't know where Huff is nowadays, and I don't really care. As long as he is no longer in Detroit completely non performing I am cool with it.

madding said...

Sounds good. Ludwick and LaRoche are yours. I don't have a stack for you that is worth sending yet, but I will at some point.

Kevin said...

That's gotta be my favorite Aubrey Huff card. You are correct, BTW - the Manhorse will be plying his trade in San Francisco this year.

Peterson said...

Dayf, I sent you an email a while back about how I had most of those SPs (and some other stuff off your wantlists) sitting aside for you...I just resent it. hit me up.

hahaha manhorse...