I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, February 18, 2010

WHY did I have to see this RIGHT before I was about to go to bed

First found at Grand Cards, who led me to A Cardboard Problem, who linked to Topps Twitter...

2010 Allen & Ginter


Veddy nice-a. But where did the design come from? Aha, that's where I come in.


The Allen & Ginter logo design has been heavily tweaked to convert the Cigarettes to Topps and to modernize it up a bit, but it's still obviously based on the original N3. The name text is also similar to the N29 Champions Series Two set, but I like the Indian Chief set better so I chose it. I could find no original Allen & Ginter designs that have the rounded border like the 2010 model, but pretty much all my cards have rounded borders so it's appropriate. These look fantastic as always and it's nice to see Topps mixing it up a bit lately.

Here are the originals from my collection:








I really need to find those last three cards for my type set...

3 comments:

Jeffrey Wolfe said...

Nice work and gawd damn your collection rocks!

Collective Troll said...

What Wolfe said... I am VERY jealous. Oh and I did recieve the awesome bip-free kitty cat package you sent. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you got some nice stuff there. :) Makes my tobacco silks look dried up and useless, hehe.