I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Joy of a completed page #14



Found the Maine Denver mint quarter while scrounging for change at the vending machine at work. I'm complete through 2004 but everything after 2005 is still a mess.

What? Collectors collect. That's what they do.

Oh fine. Make me work on a Sunday. Here's some baseball:


I got this in some oddball lot I picked up off of eBay a few years ago for some reason or another. I think it's from a Starting Lineup figure. Did Bandai make Starting Lineups? If they didn't I don't know what the hell this thing is then. I know cards, not toys. Here's the back.


Now if you'll excuse me I have some Sunday relaxin' to do.

UPDATE: Community Gum solved the mystery, it's a coin from whatever this was:


I've never seen those at all ever, so Community Gum drops the knowledge!

3 comments:

William Noetling said...

Ya know one of these days I'll have to complete my collection of State Quarters. Unfortunately I lapsed on my collection of Presidential Dollars after the first year. Darn it. Too many damn collections.

Community Gum said...

Those coins were packaged separately just as collectible coins. You got to see one player and then the other was a mystery. This picture is small, but it kind of shows it.

I remember picking up some at toys r us on clearance about a year after they were released.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa234/golfinleft/Rickey%20pics/Coins1990SportsStar2.gif

-Jon

Community Gum said...

Thanks for the mention. Glad I could help. I can't drop much knowledge, but there was a lot of oddball stuff going on in my house. I still have the gooden coin in package!

-Jon