I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, July 19, 2010

Early A&G Blasters are loaded

I've gone a tad goofy over A&G. As usual. I ripped my fourth blaster last night  thanks to an old gift card left over from Christmas I never used. I have had pretty good luck so far to say the least. Out of four blasters I've gotten three relics:

The Jersey i already showed off...

A bat from a Braves killer...


And this nifty card of a dog and its favorite toy.


I think there's game used tooth marks on the disc too which is nifty. Three relics in four boxes is pretty good. If I remember correctly this happened last year or the year before as well. I could just be a lucky bastige, but I'm getting a lot of decent stuff so far in retail.

One thing I'm not getting a lot of is base minis. You remember, this is the mini series that contains the mini Strasburg Holy Grail. Well, out of 32 retail packs, here are all the base non-SP mini's I've pulled:


That's right, two. Two in four blasters. This is a pretty small sample size, but if the odds hold a normal, ordinary, garden variety base mini card falls one per sixteen packs. That can't possibly be right, can it? I've been collecting A&G minis and there ain't no way that the base minis (1:16) are really more scarce than the SP minis (1:13), can they? I'm starting to get obsessed over these minis now. Someone who has broken several cases or who has superior math skills please tell me I'm just on a ridiculous hot streak and that Topps didn't short print the base mini cards. Please? Anyone?

5 comments:

PunkRockPaint said...

2 blasters, 2 hobby boxes, 3 rack packs, 5 loosies... 10 base minis. I am coming up with one in 7 packs. By my math, that puts the Strasburg at about 1:2100 packs.

night owl said...

First blaster I opened:

1 SP mini
2 A&G-backed minis
1 national animal mini

1 regular-backed base mini and it was DUPE!

Erin said...

I want that Hoard and Rory card. Man.

(I bet you hate it and want to give it to me. Yes.)

Play at the Plate said...

I've got a post coming up in a couple if hours about my first blaster. I had an extra mini and a decent box overall. I'll let you know about my other two blasters and the two rack packs tomorrow.

dayf said...

You got Night Owl's missing mini!