I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, July 19, 2010

Screw the Brew, Go Bobby

I was getting pretty worked up about Bobby Cox and Jonny Venters getting suspended for failing to not hit Princess Fielder's big fat ass this past weekend. Ken Macha whines to Bob Watson and Bobby and Venters get suspended for hitting a player after a warning was given on Saturday, meanwhile Ken and David Riske skate for doing the exact same thing to Heyward and Glaus on Sunday. Venters I couldn't care less about, he's a rookie reliever who honestly could use a little rest to keep that inning count down. Suspending Cox for that garbage in his final season is crap and I was pissed. I want Bobby to finish his career with 2500 wins and a BS suspension is one less game he has to hit that milestone.

So I checked his Baseball-Reference page and felt better when I saw he only needs 33 more wins for 2500. I'm pretty sure the the Braves have a decent chance of going at least 33-47 the rest of the way. I also saw something very interesting. Check out the number of Braves wins Cox has after whooping up on the Brew Crew on Sunday.

Kickass! Rush!


Now I am happy again knowing that Bobby will likely still hit that 2500 milestone and has a good shot to make the playoffs while Princess and Macha watch at home. I shall celebrate with bee-yoo-tee-fool music:





Bobby will be skulking in the tunnel managing the game on the sly tomorrow anyway...

7 comments:

Matt Runyon said...

Rush -- Canada's greatest export. I just saw them in Albuquerque last month. Great show!

Captain Canuck said...

ah yes... Americans. The only people on the planet who like Rush.
Why do you think we "exported" them. Then we didn't let them back in.




as far as Bobby's suspension goes, any wins incurred by the team while the Manager is suspended, on leave, ill, injured, at jury duty, or anything else, STILL go to that manager. Only firing will stop it... it's a rule. A dumb one, but a rule...

dayf said...

Got rid of Rush, but kept Celene Dion, Bryan Adams and Nickelback, eh?

I didn't know that about suspensions. Now I feel even better! Gonna go listen to Free Will to celebrate.

Christopher said...

This post was a rush of emotions! I agree that there should not have been suspensions, however I don't think Heyward got hit hard enough, while I applaud Riske hitting Glaus! It's a part of the game, and we don't need managers like Gramps Macha whining....

However, princess?! GRRRR

Then my favorite band Rush was mentioned and videos! What was I mad about again?! :)

dayf said...

Heyward wasn't his hard enough for a warning, I agree. The ump called a warning anyway and then had to backtrack two batters later. If the umps aren't going to let the players deal with stuff like this on the field, then they can at least be consistent in their ruling. All this suspension means that the Braves will now have to retaliate next year instead of just calling it even.

I've been up too long. I need to fly by night away from here...

Anonymous said...

Moral of the story? Don't hit a player after a warning. Looks like you're the whiner now.

dayf said...

Yep, don't hit a player after a warning. Like David Riske did on Sunday and got away scot free.
Also: Umpires shouldn't give a warning if they're not going to follow through and eject the pitcher if a player gets plunked after the warning.
Also also: Don't be inconsistent in rulings and suspend one guy and not another for doing the exact same thing in the same series.
Also also also: If you're going to call me a whiner, at least don't be an anonymous coward about it.
Looks like you're the douche now, Princess.