I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, September 20, 2010

Son of a Beachy

I've never seen anyone THIS deep in Bobby's doghouse before.


Jair Jurrjens tweaked his knee in the bullpen on Friday and might have to sit out tonight's game against the Phillies. So obviously Kenshin Kawakami is going to start instead, right?

Wrong. Braves called up rookie pitcher Brandon Beachy to make the emergency start in case JJ can't go. I've never heard of him either. He's not in the Gwinnett Braves set I bought this year so I can't even show you his card. Here's what he looks like if you're interested.

Whoops, while I was typing this, it was announced that Beachy gets the start tonight. Sphincter: tightening.

Since I don't have a card of the guy maybe I'll have to create one later tonight. I'm pretty sure I don't need any more Kawakami cards ever again though. He may as well be back in Japan right now.

7 comments:

Chris Mays said...

We're starting a rookie against Philly?

Yikes.

Gotta be scary for the kid. I saw him pitch at Gwinnett, not bad and he had a good year, but he didn't exactly give me that major league vibe either.

JD's Daddy said...

I actually like rookie matchups since the batters have never seen his stuff before, the pitcher normally has the advantage. I would actually put money on the Braves in this one.

flywheels said...

I sure hope JD's Daddy is right on this one. This seems like an odd move for Bobby to make in the middle of a pennant race. I'll have to tune in to the game tonight during the commercials since the season premier of Chuck is on @ 8 pm.

Anonymous said...

It worked out for the Twins to call up someone not on the 40-man roster to make a crucial September start (Matt Fox). Of course, that was early September when Rochester had a decimated staff and a few more games to play.

Captain Canuck said...

playoffs on the line....

playing in the hitter friendliest park in baseball.....

on the road....

no problem.

Braves 4 Phillies 2

dayf said...

OH CHRIST WE'RE WEARING THE CURSED BLUE JERSEYS

Are we trying to lose the division??

McCann Can Triple said...

I'm gonna puke...