I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Friday, March 5, 2010

MINIONS!!!!!



This post was originally going to be to order you all to send your 2010 Upper Deck cards to a douche at MLB Properties, but like Thorzul's original idea, plans changed at the last minute. Don't get me wrong, we all still need to Bip the hell out of that ass, but more important things have arisen.

TROLL'S CARDS GOT JACKED

Some jackass swiped all of The Collective Troll's favorite cards. Now shit happens, life isn't fair and we all fuck up and pay for it every once in a while. It happens to everyone. That's not the point. What's really important is how we react when something like this happens to someone else be it a friend or a stranger. The guy who swiped the cards may have sold them off already, or is sitting on them waiting for the heat to die down or got spooked and trashed them. Hell, he might be an evil Anti-Dayf and swiped them to add to a massive collection. Now, Bacon may never see any of those cards again, but that doesn't mean we can't replace some of them.

This is a fact:

EVERY SINGLE PERSON READING THIS BLOG HAS A RAYS CARD SOMEWHERE THAT THEY DON'T NEED.

Unless you're reading from Afghanistan or the middle of the Amazon or are a minimalist or an ascetic and gave away all your worldly possessions or are a heroin addict and came to this blog by a Google search accident, you probably have a whole bunch of cards somewhere. You don't like the Rays, who likes the Rays? Even with Longoria and a World Series berth, there just ain't that many Rays fans out there. And if you ARE a Rays fan, then I bet you have a whole crapload of rays and at least a few have to be doubles.

FIND THOSE RAYS

SEND THEM TO TROLL

YOUR MASTER COMMANDS IT

Here's my first contribution:



I picked this up at the flea market a couple of years ago because it looked cool and was really cheap. I don't care about Ben Zobrist, but Troll might appreciate it. so it's going to Troll. If you have Rays you want to send to Troll, e-mail him and tell him. If he gets all bashful and doesn't respond, e-mail me. I'll get him your Rays even if you have to send 'em to me first and I have to hop on 75 South and hand deliver them. I enjoy reading Troll's 8,000-word posts too much to see something like this knock him down.

Don't let the theiving jerk win. We can turn this:


Into this:


Now Minions... GO!!!!!

15 comments:

TheBrooklynMet said...

Hey, I was actually thinking of doing just that. Unfortunately I don't have the address. Is it posted on the blog somewhere? If not, could you email it to me?

BA Benny said...

You Read my mind Junkie. Can you send me his address.

dayf said...

Anyone wanting to send Troll cards can e-mail me. I'll hook you up.

Collective Troll said...

I don't know why everyone says your an a-hole, you seem like a decent guy to me... Just kidding. THANKS SO MUCH dayf. Your kindnes and everyones kind words has got me so up I can't believe it. I am not kidding when I write that I am holding back the tears right now. For real. Thanks so much! This community rules! and you are a kind ruler my friend! The words will keep flowing!

SpastikMooss said...

Whoa...weiiiiiird!

1) I was thinking about doing this (and calling it Troll Aid) but was gonna wait til I got home. Great minds think alike!

2) The card you're sending - the dual auto - I sent him that card a few months back! And I think it's gone now...so I'm super glad you're replacing it, because it's beautiful!

3) Sadly, I have 0 Rays (I sent him my last few and all my McGriffs are...well..my collecting fcus). But I will find something cooooool!

madding said...

This pisses me off. People are assholes. Help is on the way!

Jim from Downingtown said...

I don't have any actual Rays, but I do have a 2009 Topps' Pat Burrell in Phillies garb. Does that count as a Ray?

beardy said...

I was going to post somethging along these lines as well. Truly sucks about what happened, and I will definitely be contributing some cards to the cause.

BASEBALL DAD said...

My package was started as soon I read about his misfortune.

Cardsplitter said...

I have a couple I can dig out. Someone needs to post his address.

Jim from Downingtown said...

No, then the thief will know where to go back for more.

Best to let dayf email it to interested parties.

jacobmrley said...

would you email me his address so i can have a care package of Rays cards for him in the mail this week...

The Baseball Card Snob said...

Please e-mail his address, have a small package for him.

Bay Rat North West said...

This is No. 9 checking in. As someone who has lost it all, TWICE, I will be sending as many Rays as I can round up in a package to you on Monday. Plus some scrubbs that play in Atlanta.

dinged corners said...

dayf, we have been out a bit so we're in on this late, but we're ON it now and hope to mail out this weekend. Perfect job for you know who.
Thanks for the heads-up.
Signed,
Minion DC