I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Tiger Trade

Last month Grand Cards was flushing a bunch of useless junk out of his collection in exchange for Tiger cards. I am the supreme master of junk, so I swapped junk for junk and received a package of junkie Braves in the mail in exchange for some super high quality schtuff. In the overstuffed package was exactly 6 bricks of Braves and a couple of loose cards in toploaders safely nestled in between the mess. I picked out one card from each brick to show off. 


The way most people feel about 1987 Topps, I feel about 1986 Topps. I had an entire drawer full of them back in '86. Now I just have a pile large enough to build a small shelter in case of emergency. I loves that black border with the funky font. I have an unopened vending box of this stuff I need to do something with. Any suggestions?


Here's a 1994 Topps Gold card of the player who inspired a system of forecasting baseball player stats. No seriously, it was based on him for some reason. The creator of the system has since found a new hobby


YOU BEST NOT MESS WITH BLACK BOBBY. WITH HIS COOL SHADES, BLINDING JERSEY AND BIONIC KNEES HE'LL MESS YO ASS UP. I'M TALKING TO YOU, UMPS.


I was never really a fan of this Score Select design, although I appreciate the innovative use of foil stamping. Score Select was mostly a waste of time, although I consider 1995 Select to be one of the best looking sets of the '90s. 


BLACK MAC ATTACK 


TP should have uses this card in his job duties as hitting coach. "ANDRUW.... Look into the card... You are getting sleepy... You are under my power.... You will quit flailing at breaking balls in the dirt.... 3... 2... 1... You're back" If it ended up working on 'Drew he could have tried it on Frenchy, Yunel and McLouth.

I won the 'auction' for a couple of random autographs with my offer of a 1995 Old Judge Dave Mysel minor league auto card. Here were the winnin's:


Lance Broadway has a nice looking auto. Too bad he's getting absolutely killed in Triple A this year. Miguel Cairo looks like he is signing in Arabic, which is entirely appropriate considering the name. I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do with these two, but I'll think of something. Maybe I'll gank Grand's idea and flush out some of my own junk....

No comments: