I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, November 5, 2007

Programming Note

I had ESPN news or some such channel on as background noise yesterday and I heard a promo for this week's E:60 news thingy 60 minutes ripoff. I normally find ESPN's feeble attempts at being real journalists to be useless and obnoxious but this caught my attention. Apparently Tuesday night one of the segments on the show will be Bill Simmons touring the Upper Deck factory. I can't find anything online about it and I only sort of half-heard the promo so I'm not even sure it wasn't a sleep-deprived hallucination from working too many all-nighters. I don't know if it's true, and I don't know what time it's on, but if the reptilian subconscious part of my mind that craves all things baseball cards heard it correctly,

BILL SIMMONS TOURS THE UPPER DECK FACTORY ON E:60 TUESDAY NIGHT ON ESPN

And yeah, if this is actually happening, it deserves the bold red italic blinky tag for sheer Bill Simmons awesomeness. I'm half-listening to Mike & Mike right now so if the promo comes on again I'll pay attention and confirm the date and time.

Update: Beckett has a link to the segment for your viewing pleasure.

No comments: