I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hessman in Bejing


Bad Wax listed the 2008 USA Olympic Baseball team and I did a doubletake on one of the names. Mike Hessman was a prospect trying to get the first base job for the Braves in 2003-2004, but Adam LaRoche ultimately won the job and he ended up int eh Tigers organization. He's got some really good power numbers in Triple-A (30 homers in 354 at-bats this year!), but the average has been mediocre to awful. He was the International League MVP last year so he's doing something right in AAA. I was wondering what happened to Mike, maybe a good showing in China will gtet him another shot back in the bigs. I didn't realize that the Olympics are only about 3 weeks away. I need to get a TV set up in the office to watch the softball games.

3 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

keeping with the Olympic theme.... the starting 1st baseman for the land up North is Scotty Thorman...

Chemgod said...

He is one of those guys that I continually ask, why isn't he in the majors?

Unknown said...

Good for Mike. I've always hoped he would make it in the bigs, but the olympics is not bad. Especially if he can win a gold medal.